Thursday, January 13, 2011

01/06/11: Day Trading Review: GS & LULU

Analysis/Review: Just showing 2 of the day trades I took today. I was able to finish positive with 2 nice trades in GS & FSLR which carried my P&L positive despite a sub-par win rate (less than 50%). What I like about today's trades is that I kept losses minimal with the exception of LULU seen below. Looking back on the charts today action turned somewhat sloppy throughout the day or stuck in tighter ranges. Another note is that I could have held GS longer & played the range more throughout the day.


Stats


Total Trades
17
% Winners

41.18%
Losers
10
ROI Losers

-$13.60
Winners
7
ROI Winners

$23.00
RR
1.69


Goals


1. Trades to hold
2. Maintain a RR above 3 with +5 being ideal
3. Try to keep that Win ratio above 60%
4. Try to work on exits (reasons to sell) & trading around a position
5. Screen recording to replay the action

LULU


GS


*The above trades were meant as day trades only. There may have been other trades I called out on twitter that do not appear here because they were not intended as day trades & were taken in other accounts. Those are not covered in this analysis. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment